If you have questions regarding dues, membership, or honorary withdrawal, please don't hesitate to contact the Membership Services so we can explain your options. Thank you!
- Working dues will be based on percentage of gross wages.
- Working dues will be deducted from employee paychecks.
- It will remain the member’s responsibility to pay their monthly Basic Dues either by paying in person, thru mail, on our website www.ibew48.com or with your credit union deduction.
- If you leave the employer you are working for either by you quitting or reduction of force contact Local 48’s dues office for options.
- Your membership continues regardless of whether you are working or not (this includes Material Handler, BA members, etc.).
- If a member has questions regarding dues, membership, or honorary withdrawal, they need to contact the dues office so we can explain their options.
- Your dues will not be deducted from your credit union without your written authorization. See the dues office.
- It is the member’s responsibility to call the dues office and to notify the Local of address changes. Changing your address and telephone number with Local 48 DOES NOT change your address with your retirement plans, credit union, Harrison.
ERTS: (Electronic Reciprocal Transfer System) – We cannot stress how important it is that all members be registered on ERTS. ERTS will allow for the transfer of pension and health & welfare money (contributions) back to your home funds no matter where you may be working. This is important to maintaining your health care coverage. Failure to do so will result in your funds being left in the Local Union whose jurisdiction you worked.
When working in another jurisdiction, it is imperative that you check in with the Local Union Business Office as soon as possible.
If you are getting a travel letter from your Local Union, you should register on ERTS at the same time in person.
Hour & Wage Verifications: The Membership Services office is receiving an increasing number of phone calls from lending institutions requesting verification of hours and wages. Please be advised: We do not provide this information, as the local is not your employer. We do not issue paychecks to our members and therefore have no direct payroll information to provide. Stating the union as your employer on credit applications only delays your approval.
Address Change: Please remember to notify Membership Services with any change in your address as soon as possible. Please click here for a list of other affiliated offices that you should consider notifying of your address change as well.